All Saints Sunday, November 2
9:00am New Day Contemporary Worship, with New Day Band
11:00am Traditional Worship, with Adult Chancel Choir
Holy Communion & All Saints remembrance with reading of names and lighting of candles
Sermon: "Becoming Covenant People: Life, Death & Hope"
Charlie Berthoud preaching on Deuteronomy 34.1-9
All Saints Day
Covenant will observe All Saints' Day on Sunday, November 2nd at both services by celebrating the Sacrament of Holy Communion and sharing in the sacred reading of the names of our loved ones that have entered into their eternal joy this year. Those who we have remembered with a white rose since last year's All Saints' Sunday will be included in the list.
Please bring a small candle to light at the beginning of worship, to remember a loved one who has died. Extra candles will be available.
Bradfield Cafe 8:30am-11:00am
New Day Contemporary Service 9:00am
Sunday School (2-years-old through 8th grade) 10:00am
Adult Education 10:00am
Traditional Worship 11:00am
High School Youth Connection 3:45pm
Eat, Pray, Laugh! 4:00pm
Middle School Youth Connection 4:00pm
Make a Blanket for Project Linus
Sponsored by the Children's Ministries Committee
What is Project Linus? Project Linus is a non-profit organization dedicated to "providing security through blankets" for all ill or traumatized children and teens.
When is Family Make a Blanket Day? Sunday, November 9 from 1:30pm-3:30pm. We will make 'no sew' fleece blankets which involves cutting the fringe and tying the blankets.
How Can I Help?
- Donate 1.5 yards of 60" fleece in child-friendly prints and colors (fleece can be put in the bins outside of Donna' Monson's office)
- Donate $15.00 to cover the cost of a piece of fleece
- Come join the blanket making fun on Sunday, November 9
60 Days of Celebrating 60 Years!
The 60th anniversary activities have been unfolding since we kicked off the celebrations September 7th. Some of the highlights will be shared as we close the 60 days with special worship services and a dedicated coffee hour between services in Bradfield Hall on November 16th at 10:00am.
Please join the fun and bring your ideas about what you would like to see Covenant pursue in the next 10-60 years! Sunday school classes will be presenting items for the next time capsule that will be opened on the 70th anniversary. An anniversary gift will be launched to raise funds to replace a boiler and dedicate 20% of those gifts to helping families in Guatemala and Madison. On Sunday, November 16, we gather to put an exclamation point on our 60th anniversary celebration at 10:00am in Bradfield Hall!
2014 Advent Devotionals
Advent Devotionals will be available at the Welcome Center, the church office and on-line Sunday, November 30th, the 1st Sunday of Advent. We will not be mailing the devotionals to households in an effort to save on printing and postage. Thank you for your commitment to this ministry as we try to be greener.
Looking Ahead to the Advent & Christmas Season
- Sunday, November 30 is the first Sunday of Advent: Families are invited to pick up a Family Advent Devotional to begin the Advent season.
- Sunday, December 7 Church Greening: Join your church family for an afternoon of fun making ornaments, greeting cards for members at home and in nursery care facilities, food, and some surprises.
- Sunday, December 14: Family Christmas Carol Singing from 10:30-10:50am. All church families are invited to this old-fashioned Christmas carol singing in the Bradfield Cafe. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will add to this musical fun with hand bell songs.
- Christmas Eve Pageant on December 24th during the 5:00pm family worship service.
Start Thinking About "Trash & Treasure!"
Our annual "Trash & Treasure Sale" is not until Saturday, March 7, but now is a good time to start collecting things in a box in the garage or the basement for this big event. The sale is the big fundraising activity for our high school youth summer trips. Starting February 22, we will be collecting in-house donations of furniture, gently used clothing, sporting goods, housewares, jewelry, books, DVD's, artwork, hardware, small electronics and more. We DO NOT accept computers and old tube monitors, old TV's, baby cribs and car seats or full-sized appliances. Questions about a donation? Contact Youth Ministries Coordinator, Steve Royalton at 608-233-6297. The youth donate 10% of the net earnings from the sale to outside charities.