Loving Our Neighbors COVID-19 Offering
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21
The pandemic has helped shine a light on where our treasure truly is; in the lives of our neighbors. We open our arms to those among us who are particularly vulnerable to this crisis because our hearts and our treasure are with them.
Covenant raised over $41,000 for COVID relief in 2020, benefitting our partners in the Madison community as well as our neighbors in Guatemala. Throughout 2021, we're continuing this important offering that helps our community!
The following groups will be the beneficiaries of offerings raised in 2021:
1. Porchlight, which strives to reduce homelessness in Dane County by collaborating with the community to provide shelter, affordable housing, and supportive services that eliminate barriers and empower the individuals and families they serve.
2. Friends of State Street Families, which alleviates human suffering by providing help and hope to people experiencing homelessness in Dane County by connecting them with essential resources.
3. Cook It Forward Madison, which is a collaboration between local restaurants and local nonprofits to create an end-to-end distribution network to tackle food insecurity in Madison.
To support this vital offering, please indicate “Covid Relief” in the memo line of your check, or click here and use the COVID-19 Offering designation.
Offerings benefitted the following organizations:
1. The Lussier Community Education Center used the offering to purchase items from their wish-list.
2. The Nehemiah Center for Urban Leadership Development serves Madison's Black community throughout the crisis.
3. Glenn Stephens Elementary School used the offering to pay for groceries, utility payments, and gas.
4. Mission Impact provided food and PPE for our mission partners in Guatemala and continue to support a medical clinic.